Friday Round Up 4-30
Did you know…
- Orville Wright numbered the eggs that his chickens produced so he could eat them in the order they were laid.
- Did you know reindeer like bananas
- When you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship it’s called cargo.
- Did you know in every episode of Seinfeld there is a reference to Superman
- After the French Revolution of 1789 selling sour wine was considered against national interest and the merchant was promptly executed. I wonder what happens if they run out of Miller Light.
Isn’t this weird…
- Very similiar to some Subways in the Canyon Park area – No $5 Footlongs In SF SUBWAY, ‘Cost of Doing Business’ Too High
- In Everett it’s illegal to display a hypnotized or allegedly hypnotized person in a store window.
- Medical Marijuana Deliveryman Robbed by Baton-Wielding ‘Ninja Warriors’
- In Jasper Alabama it’s illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb
They said what…
- “We’re going to make sure we hear every word president is saying … now let’s go to a break” – Wolf Blitzer during coverage of the President’s Health Care Summit
- “I want to go to Egypt and Japan and open orphanages… a chain of them.” – Lindsay Lohan
- “Is this chicken or is this fish? I know it’s tuna but it says chicken of the sea.” – Jessica Simpson
- “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours” – Yogi Berra
- “Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, “Thank God, I’m still alive.” But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.” -Sen. Barbara Boxer
Other interesting things…
- Gas prices expected to rise all summer long
- Avg price tops $3.90; more than $4 in 10 states
- Iran helps Syria ship oil to China
- Where is his outrage – parents of murdered British students criticise Obama
- He agreed before he disagreed
- Obama 2009 – “You can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer’s dime.”
- Obama 2012 – Michelle Obama ad daughters visiting Las Vegas
a drunk man protests his arrest by singing Bohemian Rhapsody